ByHeart Repository (http://www.byheart.nm.ru, extensively updated on March 28, 2005) is a great place to visit if you use ByHeart. All ByHeart vocabularies (more than 100 vocabularies, over 8 Mb in zips) and other materials are available there for browsing and downloading "a la carte".
Alternatively you can obtain vocabularies in other ways.
A lot of vocabularies are assembled into option packs, which are available for downloading.
3 option packs have been released for now.
The list of the vocabularies they contain can be viewed on the separate page.
ByHeart interface can be easily translated into almost arbitrary language. The distribution kit contains the sets of strings for interface in English and Russian, as well as a demo set (with partial translation) in German.
In addition to them, the following sets of strings are also available:
In order to install an additional interface you should:
- Spanish interface (bhlocspa.zip, 13K), translated by Santiago Cortina;
- Catalan interface (bhloccat.zip, 13K), translated by Santiago Cortina;
- Czech interface (bhloccze.zip, 14K), thanks to its author Petr Slameny;
- Ukrainian interface (bhlocukr.zip, 14K) , translated by Serhiy Sotnik;
- Lithuanian interface (bhloclit.zip, 13K) , prepared by Rimantas Balcaitis.
- download one of abovementioned zip-files that you need;
- unzip it into ByHeart work directory;
- open Options Dialog;
- switch to Interface tab;
- choose the included bhloc***.ini file from the list of available sets and press Apply button.
Learning through a singing
15 december 1998 a new product, namely ByHeart Karaoke, has been released.
In order to find out what is it and how it can help you in learning foreign languages, you can visit the ByHeart Karaoke page.
Sound bridge for Lingvo 5.0 and 6.0
Sound bridge for Lingvo 5.0 and 6.0 enables you to listen to pronunciation of english words from the Lingvo sound vocabulary within ByHeart.
Vocabularies for Tutor
Tutor is yet another useful program for learning foreign languages. The Tutor's author,
Daniel Green, gave me a kind permission to include his English-German dictionary into ByHeart
distribution kit. Also ByHeart uses an enhanced learning method based on the original one
developed by Daniel for Tutor, and allows a user to load and save vocabularies of Tutor format.
You can visit Tutor home page at http://www.superliminal.com/tutor/tutor.htm
and check it for some interesting dictionaries. Maybe you will find that Tutor itself is worth to be